Why are content writers always on the go, continuously working and trying to enhance and lay out a very well executed, infrared and effective content marketing strategy? What is it all for?
Well, to begin with, in 2019, approximately 25.8% of internet users use ad blockers on their devices so as to not be exposed to them. This is going to continue to increase, making ad targeting more complex with the initiation of new privacy regulations and the use of Apple and Firefox led cookie-blocking technology. This will not only make it more complicated but also more costly. Furthermore, consumers favor content rather than advertising.
Did you know that 70% of people prefer to obtain any information regarding a brand or a company or learn something from an article or blog post rather than from a traditional advertisement?
All across the industry, good and quality content are becoming more and more vital. It doesn’t matter if it’s self-created content, aggregating ones from experts or using UGC, content can add a lot of exponential value to your marketing efforts.
Here are 15 content marketing statistics that will remind you why content is so essential in today’s day and age.
- Knowing and understanding your target audience and their preferences are exceptionally crucial for content marketing. For example, just a mere 22% of millennials would like to open and look at an email from a brand that they like, while, on the other hand, 57% of people between 45 and 54 years of age do. (HubSpot)
- At the same time, 52% of millennials would prefer to watch a video from the brands that they support and just 25% of those between the ages 45-54 do. (HubSpot)
- 71% of a B2B respondent pool expressed that they evaluated a blog while they were deciding what to buy. (Demand Gen Report)
- It has been found that 32% of consumers going online and look over a brand’s social media presence before going on their website. (Animoto)
- 64% of B2B respondents praised podcasts claiming they’re an effective content format that would work in the early stage of the buying journey. All that it would lack would be infographics (76%). (Demand Gen Report)
- Today, people interact twice as much with brands on their mobile phones than on any other platform. (Think with Google)
- Cisco has declared that by 2021, over 80% of all its digital traffic will be video. This calls for the need of a video content strategy for brands. (Cisco)
- Research shows that 87% of users actually want more videos from the brands they support. (Hubspot)
- The platform that is exponentially increasing today in both popularity and content marketing schemes for the purpose of enhancing purchases through videos is Instagram. (Animoto)
- Upon being questioned about which way one would like to know the most about a new product in the market, 68% (more than two-thirds) of consumers chose short videos, with text-based articles trailing behind (15%), infographics, and presentations and pitches at 4% and finally, 3% said e-books and manuals. (Wyzowl)
- 65% of B2B content consumers genuinely believe that they prefer reliable content from industry influencers. (Demand Gen Report)
- 73% of users have let a brand or company’s presence on social media affect their decision when making a purchase. (Animoto)
- For every dollar, content marketing generates 3x more leads. (Kapost/Oracle Eloqua)
- Content marketing generates more than thrice the amount of leads as compared to outbound marketing. It also costs 62% less. (Demand Metric)
- Calculated on an average, content marketing is 41% cheaper in relation to a paid search.
If you still feel overwhelmed about content marketing and aren’t sure what you want to create or where would be the best place to distribute, you are not the only one. In fact, according to CMI/Marketingprofs 2019 B2C Research Study, only one-third of the total B2C marketers surveyed had a well laid out content strategy.